Ponder this for a moment. Assuming that the reports are true that Josh Rosen will not play in tonight’s Cactus Bowl and opt to enter the NFL Draft, a win by Devon Modster in tonight’s game would give Modster more bowl victories than Josh Rosen had during his career at UCLA.
That basically sums up how badly Jim Mora failed with a once-in-a-generation talent at quarterback.
While Mora obviously won’t coach the team tonight, the Bruins will close the book on the Jim Mora era tonight in Phoenix.
Let’s look at the keys to the game.
Keys to the Game
1. UCLA needs a good game from its quarterback. Barring an unforeseen change, it does not appear that Josh Rosen will play tonight. That means that Devon Modster will start. Modster looked a lot better against UC Berkeley than he did at the beginning of the season against Hawai’i. In order to win, the Bruins will need a good game from whomever is under center.
2. Avoid mistakes on special teams. The Kansas State Wildcats have one of the top special team units in the nation. If the UCLA Bruins make mistakes on special teams, the Wildcats will take advantage of it and it could prove to be the difference in the game.
3. Continue to play better defense. The defense has improved as the season has gone on. In order for UCLA to win, the team will need to play some of its best defense of the season.
How To Watch, Listen, Stream and More
- Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 6:00 pm PT
- Chase Field, Phoenix, AZ
Team Bowl Guides:
- ESPN with Jason Benetti, Jordan Rodgers and Olivia Harlan
- AM 570/1150 AM in Los Angeles with Josh Lewin, Matt Stevens and Wayne Cook
- ESPN Radio with Mark Kestecher and Tom Ramsey
- Satellite Radio: Sirius Channel 80 & XM Channel 80 (ESPN Radio Feed), Sirius Channel 84 & XM Channel 84 (K-State Call)
- And, of course, the Bruins Nation Game Thread!!!
- WatchESPN.com and the ESPN app
Rebroadcast (All times PT):
- Wednesday, 12/27, 1:00 am, ESPN2
- Wednesday, 12/27, 7:00 am, ESPNU
- Wednesday, 12/27, 10:00 pm, ESPNU