If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love the Bruins and the community we’ve built here at Bruins Nation. We’ve got an opportunity for you to become a bigger part of that community.
Bruins Nation is looking for writers to help us cover Bruins sports and news. Keep reading to find out if this could be the right fit for you.
What do the roles entail?
The writers will be responsible for writing about the Bruins on agreed-upon topics and schedules. These are part-time, remote, contract roles compensated with a monthly stipend.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Bruins and will already be familiar with Bruins Nation’s voice and style.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Previous sportswriting experience is preferred.
- Previous newsroom experience may open the door for a larger role at Bruins Nation. If you have that, please specify on your resume.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a resume detailing any previous writing or newsroom experience, a cover letter explaining why you’re the best candidate for the role, and a sports-related writing sample via the Vox Media careers page. You must submit all three items to be considered for this opportunity.
If you have questions about these roles or the application process, or Bruins Nation and SB Nation in general, please contact Jeanna Thomas, Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SB Nation and Bruins Nation are committed to bringing you coverage of the Bruins from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your background and experience do not perfectly align with everything we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.