Nestor posted some post practice notes and included a video from Ralph Irvin with some brief comments from three of the Bruins' leaders. Brett Hundley, Anthony Barr, and Xavier Su'a-Filo spoke at length after practice with the media. Thanks to Edward Lewis and BruinSportsReport for the video, and for all the great coverage of the Bruins' preseason camp in San Bernardino.
- Brett Hundley declined to name a favorite receiver (agh, very tricky Mr Foster!) noting that each brings something different and he has a good connection with each of them and their individual skills.
- He noted last season was generally good but didn't end how they wanted and he is looking forward to better consistency from the team this year.
- He added that he hasn't really thought about his future beyond this season, choosing to focus on this season and ensuring the team reaches its potential.
- Anthony Barr said both he and the team had a better idea of what to expect from camp and coaches this year compared to last season, and that made it easier to adjust, assume more of a leadership role, and help the new players get up to speed.
- He spoke highly of all 4 new linebackers (Myles Jack, Isaac Savaiinaea, Jayon Brown, Deon Hollins)saying he was really pleased with how they developed
- XSF also noted that the new linebackers looked good from his point of view on the OL.
- He was also high on the new OL freshmen, noting they were all sharp and great competitors, and all of them had really developed mentally. He was particularly complimentary of Caleb Benenoch and Kenny Lacy.
- XSF said he enjoyed playing left tackle in camp, noting that playing against Cassius Marsh and Barr was great for him. He added that Kenny Clark and Kylie Fitts looked good as freshmen.