clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

UCLA Bruins at Oklahoma Sooners Game Thread

New, 320 comments

The Bruins head to Norman to take on the Sooners.

Cincinnati v UCLA
Darnay Holmes and the Bruin defense will need to step it up if UCLA wants to win today’s game.
Photo by Harry How/Getty Images

The pulse of Bruin fans appears to be bleak. Just from looking at the Facebook comments to yesterday’s Pregame Guesses article, nobody seems to be giving Chip Kelly’s Bruins much of a chance against the Sooners.

On one hand, it just seems like Chip Kelly’s focus is on getting the team to eliminate mistakes. Heaven knows, there were a lot of mistakes going on under Jim Mora and it will take time to fix.

My goals for today are to have the defense keep the Sooners in check as much as possible while having the offense display some sense of competancy on the field.

A few weeks ago, I got to sit down and discuss today’s game with Fox Sports analyst Joel Klatt who is calling today’s game with Gus Johnson. Klatt wasn’t sure what to make of today’s game at that point.

He was quick to point out that he had studied teams who had lost a Heisman winner from the year before and he told they seemed to average about eight wins the season after losing the Heisman Trophy winner. That gave me some hope.

But, in the same conversation, he also mentioned how FAU was supposed to be very good this season under Lane Kiffin.

This was all before two things happened. First, the Sooners trounced Kiffin’s Owls, 63-14. Then, of course, the Bruins lost to Cincinnati.

All this leads me to feel like the Bruins don’t have much of a shot today either.

But, to quote ESPN’s Chris Berman, “that’s why they play the games.”

Let’s look at the game time weather forecast.

Game Time Weather Forecast

The weather forecast doesn’t look too bad for this morning’s game. It should be cloudy and a reasonable 70 degrees at kickoff, though the 94% humidity will make it feel like 72. While it will be humid, there is only a 20% chance of rain at kickoff.

By halftime, look for the temperature to rise a few degrees to about 72 while the humidity will drop to 88%. The chance of rain will also drop to 15%. Look for it to rise to about 73 degrees by the end of the game while the humidity should continue to drop to 85%, but the chance of rain will remain at 15%.

Of course, if it should rain, that could certainly impact both the condition of the field and the results of the game. But, it doesn’t look likely.


Listen to the Game Here on BN!

This season, we are proud to, again, have today’s audio feed for everyone who opts to use the TuneIn player embedded below. For optimum results at home, start the audio feed then pause your DVR and sync them up together so you don’t have to listen to the Fox broadcast team of Gus Johnson and Joel Klatt if you don’t want to. But, to be honest, I don’t understand why you wouldn’t want to hear Gus Johnson call this game.

Join your fellow fans discussing today’s UCLA game in the comments below.

This is your UCLA Bruins at Oklahoma Sooners game thread.


Go Bruins!!!