The Bruins travel to Stanford for their first Pac-12 Conference game of the season. UCLA still has not beaten Stanford in the Jim Mora Era. But Stanford has lost two in a row to Southern Cal and San Diego State. So, the expectation today should be for a Bruin victory. Hopefully, the defense is up to the task of holding the Christian McCaffrey-less Cardinal offense in check.
Keys to the Game
- Can anyone on UCLA play defense? The Bruin defense was flat-out awful against Memphis. If UCLA wants to win they need to play better defense.
- The offense line needs to control the line of scrimmage. The offensive line has played better this season by keeping Josh Rosen upright and opening up holes for the Bruin running backs. “Line wins games.”
- Keep the punter off the field. Repeat after me: “Punt the ball five times or less.” Last week, we punted five times. This should be a season-long goal here, because, for the most part, it means that they are moving the ball well enough to win the game and the best defense is, after all, a good offense.
Here’s how to watch, listen and stream today’s game.
How To Watch, Listen, Stream and More
- Saturday, September 23, 2017, 7:30 pm PT
- Stanford Stadium, Palo Alto, CA
- ESPN with Mark Jones, Rod Gilmore and Quint Kessenich
- 1150 AM in Los Angeles with Josh Lewin, Matt Stevens and Wayne Cook
- Satellite Radio: Sirius Channel 145 & XM Channel 198 (Stanford Call), XM Channel 80 (ESPN National Call)
- And, of course, the Bruins Nation Game Thread!!!
- WatchESPN.com and the ESPN App
Rebroadcast (All times PT):
- Sunday, 9/24, 5:00 pm on ESPNU
- Monday, 9/25, 1:00 am on ESPN
- Monday, 9/25, 10:00 am on ESPNU
- Monday, 9/25, 9:00 pm on ESPNU