Back when I was a UCLA student in ‘89 and the early nineties, this was usually the time of year when many of us, dismayed by the play of the Terry Donahue’s football team, would turn and say, “Well, at least there’s basketball season.”
These days, the current crop of students has a harder time saying that, mostly because Steve Alford is still coaching our basketball team.
Well, there are reasons to be more optimistic about basketball this season in the form of Lonzo Ball, TJ Leaf, and, when he returns, Ike Anigbogu. Of course, whether or not they will help the team win despite Steve Alford remains to be seen.
But, it all starts tonight.
Tonight, the Bruins play their first exhibition game against The Master’s University.
For those unfamiliar, The Master’s University is a non-denominational, conservative Christian university with enrollment of 1,100. Its campus in Santa Clarita and their athletics teams play in the NAIA not the NCAA. It was founded in 1927 as LA Baptist College and changed its name to The Master’s College in 1985. This year, it became The Master’s University.
Here’s how to watch, listen and stream tonight’s exhibition game.
#16 UCLA Bruins
Opponent: The Master’s University Mustangs (NAIA)
When: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 7:30 pm PT
Where: Pauley Pavilion, Los Angeles, CA
Game Notes: UCLA
TV: Pac-12 Los Angeles with J.B. Long and Don MacLean
Stream: Pac-12.com and the Pac-12 No App
Live Stats: UCLA Bruins Stat Broadcast
Rebroadcast (All Times PT):
- Tuesday, 11/1, 10:00 pm on Pac-12 National and Los Angeles
- Wednesday, 11/2, 4:00 am on Pac-12 National
- Wednesday, 11/2, 8:00 am on Pac-12 Los Angeles
- Wednesday, 11/2, 1:00 pm on Pac-12 Los Angeles
- Wednesday, 11/2, 2:00 pm on Pac-12 National
- Thursday, 11/3, 4:00 am on Pac-12 Los Angeles
- Thursday, 11/3, 7:00 pm on Pac-12 Los Angeles
- Friday, 11/4, Noon on Pac-12 Los Angeles
- Sunday, 11/6, 11:00 am on Pac-12 Los Angeles