The UCLA football team will begin preparing for the 2015 season as they take to the practice field tomorrow at 7 a.m. UCLA Time. We have some new coaches, will have a new quarterback, a lot of returning talent, and some big recruits joining the Bruins this season and some of us are so ready for football to begin.
Who else can't wait for Spring Ball to start? pic.twitter.com/iNuV92wc0A
— UCLA Football (@UCLAFootball) March 26, 2015
To get you ready we have a few bites to share as well as your Spring Practice Essentials.
As UCLA continues to beat $c on the field (#WOTT), perceptions of the two football programs are starting to change in the minds of local recruits. PacificTakes discusses the battle for L.A. recruits, how long it will take for the southern cal aura to fade away in the minds of local talent, and "the pipeline from the talented group of players from Ground Zero" the UCLA coaching staff is developing. UCLA garnered some big commits from that pipeline just last week.
Jerry Hinnen of CBS Sports, ranks UCLA as one of the more interesting teams to keep an eye on as they rank high in the number of returning players (tied for 6th among FBS teams). As we have noted in our position previews, some positions, including receiver, running back, offensive line, are returning all or almost all of last year's talent. Of course, three of those not returning, Eric Kendricks, Owamagbe Odighizuwa, and Brett Hundley should probably each count for more than 1.
There is still no new word on Adrian Klemm, when his suspension will end or what "the alleged NCAA rules violation" was. It will be interesting to see how the coaching staff adjusts as spring practice gets underway tomorrow.
If you haven’t read it already, I highly recommend taking a look at bruinfollower’s post about UCLA great, Kermit Alexander and his path to redemption.
Spring Practice Essentials
Here are some links to help you through spring:
- UCLA Football Schedule. The Bruins season gets underway on September 5th at the Rose Bowl against the Virginia Cavaliers.
- UCLA Spring Practice schedule culminating in the Spring Showcase on April 25th at 10 a.m. at the Rose Bowl.
- Bruins Nations 2015 Spring Position Previews.
- BN spring practice breakfast schedule. Our first get together will take place on Saturday, April 4th (8 am at Headlines!)
- Our complete UCLA football coverage including recruiting, incoming Bruins, Bruins going to the NFL, practice notes, position previews, and news.
- The 2015 UCLA roster is not yet available on the official site, but if you would like to see last year’s, you can. We will pick one up at practice tomorrow (if they are available) and get it out to you tomorrow evening.
Have a great day and if any of you are going out to practice tomorrow, be sure to give us your observations and thoughts.
And as always ...